Monday, August 24, 2020

At On In - Part II Prepositions addressing time

 


To visit At On In - Part I - Prepositions addressing places click here

At, on, and in – Prepositions addressing time

At is used to address a specific time. Hence, the target center.

I came home at 5:30 pm.

The train leaves at 12:30.

On is used to address the day or date of an event. It also includes special days like Independence Day, festival days, etc., It is not specific about the time. it only addresses the day of the event. Hence, the red circle.

I have to work on Saturdays.

They are getting married on 25th January.

The streets will be lit up with colorful lights on Christmas eve.

In is used to address the month, the year, the seasons, the decade, the century, and any other description of a long time. It addresses a long period of time. hence, the larger, blue circle.

I’m leaving India in November.

We live in the 21st century.

World War II came to an end in the year 1945.


Lesson plan



Materials



Questions

Share:

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog

About Me

My photo
I am a certTESOL certified ESL Teacher from India.